Nitric Oxide is a molecule produced in blood vessels and is responsible for healthy dilation of veins and arteries, which promotes better blood flow. Nitric oxide is synthesized in a variety of ways. First, it is synthesized from amino acid L-arginine with the help of the enzyme nitric oxide synthase. Nitric oxide This then increases the internal diameter allowing increased blood flow and reducing blood pressure.
It can also be acquired from dietary nitrates in our food or generated from our skin’s sweat nitrates.
Does Nitric Oxide plays an important role for blood vessels?
Nitric oxide plays a significant role in promoting vasodilation, maintaining optimal blood, oxygen, and nutrients flow throughout the blood vessels and boosting brain and mitochondrial function, which helps prevent various diseases.
When the blood flow is smooth, the heart does not get any undue stress to pump the blood through them, conserving its integrity and structure and promoting a healthy cardiovascular system.
We have to work regularly to keep optimal levels of nitric oxide in the body. Although it is produced in our bodies, we have to work to keep our nitric oxide levels up because nature and modern sedentary lifestyles work against us. The primary cause for limited nitric oxide production is chronic stress, insufficient sleep, and Ageing. As we age, we produce less and less nitric oxide as a natural mechanism. For example, it is well proven that an ordinary man in their 40s produces 50% less nitric oxide than men in their 20s.
Another interesting fact associated with nitric oxide is that it is a short-lived molecule that does not stay long in the body. It is produced, used by the body, and then it is gone. It has a half-life of just one millisecond, which needs to be constantly built into the body. Therefore, it is essential to have a daily dietary nitric oxide regimen that focuses on blood vessel health and regular nitric oxide production.
Benefits of Nitric Oxide
- Improve Physical performance: Improved blood circulations has been associated with increased athletic and physical performance. It increases blood flow, oxygen delivery, and increased tolerance for exercise and physical stamina.
- Lowers Blood Pressure: As we all are aware, high blood pressure is insufficient. So, lowering it is one of the preventive ways to avoid cardiovascular diseases. Nitric oxide enables the smooth muscle cell in blood vessels to relax, and it increases the area within the blood vessels allowing the increased volume of blood to flow within and reducing stress.
- Supports in Chest Pains and Angina: Angina is a condition where reduced blood flow causes chest pains, tightness, or pressure in the chest. Boosting nitric oxide levels allows strengthening of the circulatory system and muscles and reducing overall discomfort.
- Reduces Muscle Soreness: Nitric oxide facilitates to improve the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the muscles. It allows decreased levels of muscle soreness in the body post-intensive workout.
Foods rich in Nitric Oxide
Therefore, to naturally boost a sufficient amount of nitric oxide in the body, you should carefully monitor your diet and lifestyle. You should include a diet rich with high nitrate content, which can help to produce sufficient nitric oxide in the body. Few foods rich with high nitrate levels are:
- Red Spinach: Red spinach contains an extra punch with very high dietary nitrate content. It is a highly recommended super food to improve sports endurance 100% naturally.
- Beetroot: Beetroot is one of the best sources of nitrates in food, which converts to nitric oxide in your body
- Nuts & Seeds: Diet enriched with amino acid L-arginine also contributes significantly to nitric oxide production. Therefore, Walnuts and flax seeds are potentially recommended as they are very rich in arginine.
- Pomegranate: It is well observed in the studies that pomegranate preserves nitric oxide from oxidative stress and increases blood nitrate levels in the body.
- Citrus Food: Oranges, lemons, limes, and grapefruit are high in vitamin C, which increases the bioavailability of nitric oxide and maximizes its absorption. Vitamin C also increases levels of nitric oxide synthase.
Produced in blood vessels, this molecule promotes healthy dilation of the veins and arteries, allowing better blood circulations and better blood circulations leads to a healthy life.
Nitric oxide is an essential molecule required for overall health. As it helps in widening of blood vessels, promoting vasodilation, nutrients flow, and boosting brain and mitochondrial function
This effect allows blood, nutrients, and oxygen to flow freely to every part of your body. But when nitric oxide production is decreased, your health can become compromised.
Therefore, it’s important to achieve and maintain optimal levels of nitric oxide in your body.
Inclusion of nitric oxide rich foods or use of its supplement is highly beneficial. For optimal nitric oxide production, increase your intake of nitrate-rich vegetables and exercise at least 30 minutes per day.
One thought on “Blood Vessel & Nitric Oxide: Importance, Ways to increase it”
Excellent information about uses of nitric oxide and how to get it naturally.