What is MCT coconut oil?
MCT refers to Medium Chain Triglycerides which is the healthiest part of this oil. It comes from the coconut. It helps to promote ketone production as an immediate and alternate source of energy for our brain and body.
It is also known as Coconut Fatty Acid, Coconut Palm, Coco Palm, Coconut Palmier, Virgin Coconut Oil.
Benefits of Coconut oil
- Boosts Energy – It helps increase energy and improve performance. It stimulates faster metabolism, giving muscles added energy for high intensity exertion and stamina for prolonged activity. It boosts energy to be more productive at work or play.
- Improves Brain function – Revitalizes brain cells by providing ketones as energy source for better mental focus, memory retention, sharpness and concentration. It can provide energy and protect neural pathways, thus decreasing the risk of dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, and other neurodegenerative disorders
- Increases Fat- Burning and Balances Cholesterol Level – It helps as a weight loss supplement by speeding up metabolism thus providing extra energy with less food intake. It helps curbing hunger, hence less calorie intake thus increasing fat burning. Research shows that it plays an important role in the keto diet. The low-fat deposits of Lauric acid in MCT oil is beneficial for good cardiovascular health. It increases HDL (good cholesterol) and regulates LDL (bad cholesterol) to lessen plaque build-up, thus lowering blood pressure. It provides the “good”, beneficial fat needed in diet.
- Increases Immunity – It is a detoxifier which flushes away toxins from gut helping good bacteria grow leads to a better gut environment which improves the body’s defence system. It also shows anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and antibacterial qualities which provide increased resistance to diseases. It promotes production of white blood cells which robust the immune system.
Other benefits of this oil are:
- Helps in controlling blood sugar
- Increases good cholesterol
- Prevents wrinkles
- Reduce hair loss
- Helps in glowing skin
Precautions to be considered in mind while using this ingredient
- Womens at their breastfeeding or pregnancy stage should not consume coconut oil because of not having much reliable information.
- People should not consume coconut oil daily as it contains fats which can increase bad cholesterol levels which may become harmful.